On 31.03.08, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> >>  * funny
> >
> > The problem I see with these associations is getting an acceptance at for
> > work these applications. If the boss thinks it's not serious, he might
> > object to the application being used for company documents...

> You mean there are bosses out there that might consider using LyX?
> Interesting line of thought ...

Rather that there are bosses believing that if you have fun at work you
are not seriously working. I.e. once they see the platypus on your
desktop you cannot convince them that using LyX will increase
productivity as well as quality but fear for the reputation of their
company/university/institution and the safety of their documents -
odering to comply wiht the rules and use W* ...

In this line, I can understand the longing for a more "serious" icon/logo
(but would like to keep the platypus at least as an alternative for the
old-timers).

GM