Charlse Darwin wrote:

On Apr 4, 2008, at 2:32 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
% which latex
/opt/local/bin/latex
% port provides /opt/local/bin/latex
/opt/local/bin/latex is provided by: texlive

$ which latex
no latex in ~/WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts /usr/local/bin ~/Documents/scripts/ /opt/local/bin /opt/local/sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin /sbin /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin

I think I have it installed already:

$ port installed | grep texlive
  texlive_base @2007_1 (active)
  texlive_texmf-minimal @2007_0 (active)
$

As I said, latex is provided by the texlive port, which you don't have installed. On my system:

% port installed | grep texlive
  texlive @2007_4 (active)
  texlive_base @2007_1 (active)
  texlive_texmf-full @2007_0 (active)
  texlive_texmf-minimal @2007_0 (active)

And also is it possible to use MacTex instead? If so, then how do I get rid of the texlive completely (I don't have enough space on my drive). I doubt if `port uninstall´ will do.

I don't see any reason why MacTeX wouldn't work with the MacPorts-built LyX. If port complains about dependencies when you try to uninstall the texlive* ports, use the -f option.

- Josh