On Tue, 20 May 2008 09:17:07 +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 08:29:19PM +0100, Marwan Boustany wrote:
I think the point with me is that I have text and graphics in a way that the graphics really must be exactly where i put them, spacing as per latex formating is fine, but I cannot have them being grouped on separate pages
or in the middle of other text willy nilly.

Right, and then you can and should use 'definitely here'. It's not the
default as the people creating these options did not consider this the
'usually wanted behaviour'.

Or you can include graphics without putting them in a figure float. If
the figures have to be in precise points, I am surprised that you need
captions at all.

JMarc

It is because the context of figures is mostly local, with occasional need to reference them elsewhere. Also there are many figures in the so far 40 page document, approximately 20. so if they are placed around the place by latex they start to mix up.

Finally, I may need to refer to up to three pictures in one paragraph, hence the need for the captions.

--
Peace