Nicolás wrote:
You are right in that we may have cross-references between children documents. I still think that my proposal of automatically renaming labels is a good idea.

Side note FYI: In 1.6 duplicate Labels are not changed automatically but they are clearly marked as DUPLICATE in the work area and in the new Navigator (former outline pane). So it's easy to spot where the problems lie in the document. Also worth of note is that 1.6 won't allow the creation of duplicate labels, it will automatically rename the duplicate label. Another interesting feature is that broken are marked as BROKEN.

Abdel.