> On  6.05.08, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> > > Normally, I can highlight text in a terminal and paste it with a
> > > middle-click. In LyX, usually I can get to it with Edit -> Paste Special.
> > > (I can copy-and-paste fine in my xterms.)
> > >
> > > In my LyX, the Paste Special choices are shaded out and not clickable.
> > >
> > > This is LyX 1.5.2 on NetBSD. I am not running any clipboard utility.
> > >
> > > Any ideas why I can't paste into LyX?

Guenter, please can you try with the latest trunk? you run xclip and this is
exactly the case of physical experiment, when observer (xclip) have impact on
the
observed (lyx mechanisms) and results in a different behaviour which others
have problem to reproduce...

at the end the primary selection paste had the same problem as when more lyx
instances were run. i hope i fixed some of those issues with the latest
commits.

note, that we have -dbg selection flag now.
pavel