Hi All

I made quite good progress producing a portable LyX installation based
on LyX 1.6.0.  What would be the best place to post the instructions?
I think wiki.lyx.org may be suitable, but it looks a bit disorganised
at the moment, and it seems that only developers have access anyway
(?).

I used texlive 2008 as my tex installation, which already provides
some portability. I follow the same basic approach as tl-portable.bat,
but add the necessary environment variables for LyX, convert and
ghostscript. Apart from one problem between the bundled convert and
the bundled ghoscript, this works really well.

Regards,
Thomas