On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM, E. Kaplan <ehud.kap...@mssm.edu> wrote:
> Then how do I upgrade 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 on kubuntu 64?

Well - it is not only 94 bit -
It is also Hardy (8.04) for which only 1.6.0 rc3 is available (And I
would prefer not to compile from source).

Is there a chance to build the binaries for all the most recent Ubuntu
releases and possibly even create a repository for those which could
be added in apt? That would really be brilliant and make it much
easier for "normal" users to use the newest versions of LyX.

Rainer

> Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday 2008-12-17 15:43, E. Kaplan wrote:
>>

>>> It seems that they have only the 386 version.  Since I am running a 64
>>> bit
>>> Kubuntu (8.10), can I still use it?
>>>

>> Nope, that's a âEURoeunique featureâEUR? of Debian and its derivates
>> that use dpkg.
>>
>>        dpkg: error processing foo-0_i386.deb (--install):
>>        package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Faculty of Science
Natural Sciences Building
Private Bag X1