On 2009-01-19, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

>> > Because:
>> > 1. It translates english words in greeklish ;-).
>> Seriously: of course you will need to tell LyX that English words are
>> English (i.e. set the language in Edit>Text>Custom) otherwise they are
>> set using the LGR transcription to Greek letters.

> This is not an option if I have to mark every single english word and
> set the language to english.

What is easier in marking every single Greek text part?

> Impossible... or can this be "filtered"
> with some find & replace actions?

Not from within lyx. But you might create a short-cut.

>> > 2. I get lot's of errors related with "\textfont", see screenshot [1]

>> I suppose they are followups of the first error. Fix: define english as
>> a global option.

> ? Ehmmm, you mean to have under Document settings > Language > Greek and
> and then set English for the text? How do I do that?

Globally:

Document>Settings>Documentclass: class options:

-> add english to the class options.

For longer parts: ERT \latintext

For English text words: Select and Edit>Character>Custom>Language>English
(make a shortcut).

Günter