Piero Faustini schreef:
Pavel Sanda <sa...@...> writes:

when you download lyx installer (not the bundled version), you are enforced
to install miktex too? to remove export/view menu items is a piece of cake.
to deny editing of certain elements would be harder.

should this part of the discussion be moved to the Lyx.Devel list?

No, not yet. I encouraged this thread on this list to gain ideas and needs of users, but I don't think we have already found a solution that would suit most of the users.

Although I was enthusiastic when I first saw this proposal, but I do not think it is something that solves the problem.

1. LyX is pretty lightweight, as you don't have to install any of the additional stuff,
2. You still have to convince your coauthor to install a new program,
3. Your coauthor has to learn how to use LyX, while the starting point of this discussion was that some coauthors just want to use their own tool.

Vincent