On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Siegfried Meunier-Guttin-Cluzel engaged keyboard and
shared this with us all:
>--} Since I often have this problem, I've found a workaround ( not a nice
>--} one, but it works when the formats aren't too different).
>--} I simply change the number of the LyX format.
>--} Open your file with a text editor and see the second line e. g.
>--} \lyxformat 276
>--} Change this number to match the number used on the old file format and
>--} it can work.
>--} Of couse make backups, since it can be dangerous.
>--}
>--} Hope it helps.
>--} Siegfried.

Thank you.

I recall that I once had to change many documents from LyX 1.6.1 and deleted
the first 6 or so lines at the top of the documents and replaced them with 6
or so lines of the older version. I didn't realise it was this simple.
Anything that works is a nice workaround.

So thank you.

Charlie

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
I scarcely remember counting upon any Happiness—I look not for it if it be not

Debian, just the best way to create magic