Hi, Joachim,

> OK, I dared to download and uncompress it.

Great, another brave soul!

> And proceeded to the first step, with the response:
>
> joachim$ ../elyxer userguide.lyx userguide2.html
>  File "../elyxer", line 21
>   �...@classmethod
>    ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

It seems that your Python is not understanding the decorator syntax
for classmethods, which were introduced in Python 2.4:
  http://pyref.infogami.com/classmethod
The following command would verify that this is indeed the problem:
  $ python --version

> Might be because of Mac-OSX (as you "haven’t tested it on Mac OS X")???

You are right:
> MacBook Pro OSX 10.4.11 Tiger

It would appear that Tiger comes with a Python 2.3 version. It is easy
to upgrade to a more current version:
  http://www.python.org/download/mac/
I would commit to make eLyXer work with Tiger, but only if you are
willing to be the guinea pig -- I don't have a Python 2.3 installation
and don't have the resources to create one. What do you think?

> Just to report it.

Thanks!

Alex.