1. When i create a block, how do i get the block contents to actually appear inside the block. So what i currently have is:
Block (ERT[{title}] body): [[ {some heading} ]]
<block contents>
The way I do it is:
Block (ERT[(title} body): {Heading inside curly braces}
Point 1
Point 2

I don't remember the name for it, but I place the points under the Block with the arrow on the menubar: the same arrow used in an itemized list to make a subpoint under a main point. (A long red bar appears in front of everything.)

I'm afraid I know nothing about your second question, but if you find out the answer, I'll benefit!

--Jason Waskiewicz
 Bowman County Schools