On 26 Mar 2009, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On 2009-03-26, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > For some reason, though, I had to copy the resultant lyx executable to
> > ~/bin myself; neither make install nor the deb file put an executable in
> > place.
>
> By default, the prefix is /usr/local, so probably the executable ended up in
> /usr/local/bin (if you did not give another option to ./configure).
> Or you configured --with-version-suffix and this is appended to "lyx".
>
> Günter

Yes, I think that was it. Incidentally, I've now discovered why I was
needing to put the path to Qt4 on the laptop. I didn't have the
pkg-config package installed. Now that I have, lyx finds the library
automatically. Perhaps it would be worth including a note about this in
the INSTALL file?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - a...@acampbell.org.uk