On Monday 30 March 2009 12:15:59 am Piero Faustini wrote:
> Hello,
> I wonder why could not these discussions been moved to a forum.
> I mean, the discussion list is great but is very hard to use for common
> users (I use GMANE for writing/browsing but I still receive daily updates
> in my mailbox).
> A forum-like interface like Nabble would be much better but... why don't we
> use a normal forum site?
> There's a LyX forum in "LaTeX community" but it's not as active as this
> discussion list; anyway I found that, as I did, other users posted
> something for this list in Nabble and then didn't get the answers because
> they didn't know Nabble don't post messages not posted directly there.
> I think current (as past) LyX politic should be GO FOR THE AVERAGE USER, be
> simple and easy. Why LaTeX have a lot of forum sites, while LyX doesn't???
> Lack of information or access to information is the worst (and senseless)
> way to discourage LyX users.
> Thx
> Piero

I prefere a mailing list.  Actually, I prefer a newsgroup, with a limited
number of posts on my box, but GMANE insists that I use my real email
address.  It is good protection, but means that my email address would become
visible through Usenet on other groups.  That is why I switched to a mailing
list.  Like Steve Litt, I want posts sent to me.

At the same time, I have few problems so far, and any that I have are probably
somewhere in the archives.  I only browse what comes in.  I would be O.K.
with a forum.

Just my vote.

Doug.