FWIW ...

I subscribe to both lists and forums, although I prefer to view lists as newsgroups where that's an option (such as this list, which I access via the GMANE group). A forum that supplies RSS feeds is not too different in many respects from a newsgroup.

One advantage that I think a forum might have over the current list/group structure is that on most forums (at least the forums I visit), I can scroll down a thread and see all the message text in one gulp. With a long thread, such as this one, I need to access each message separately to read it, and I'm much too lazy for that.

That said, I have no problem with the current setup.

/Paul