Uwe Stöhr wrote:
asm23 schrieb:

Hi, I use the alternative package
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.6.3/LyX-163-4-19-AltInstaller-Update.exe
to update my 1.6.2 version.

After updating, I found that in "Lyx preference -> paths", it is still

D:\Program Files\LyX 1.6.2\bin;d:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\miktex\bin;D:\Program Files\LyX 1.6.2\etc\ImageMagick;D:\Program Files\LyX 1.6.2\etc\Metafile2eps

I tested the update installer now again on 3 different machines and cannot reproduce the problem. I guess what you see can only occur when you once have installed LyX using the standard installer and then used the update installer.
So to avoid further problems, can you please try to:
- uninstall LyX 1.6 _completely_
- reinstall LyX 1.6.2 using the small or complete version of my alternative installer
- use the update installer for LyX 1.6.3

Does it then work?

thanks in advance and regards
Uwe

OK. If I can remember, I have installed Lyx 1.6.0 standard installer several months ago. But finally, I turn to use alternative installer. So, I'm not sure there are some "residue setting" in the windows registry or in some system folders.

Now, what I can do is:

1, Uninstall Lyx 1.6.3 completely

2, I will try to "delete" all the "residue" in my system folders.

3, install Lyx 1.6.2 alternative version

4, install update installer

I will give the report then.

Thanks for your reply!