Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Asm_gmail schrieb:

I took hours to do the whole fresh installation steps,

Why that? It takes not longer than 5 minutes here. I haven't said that you should also uninstall MiKTeX. MiKTeX is the LaTeX distribution LyX used and can be left as is. So when you update LyX no LaTeX-packages will be installed as you already have them.

First, Thanks for your reply!

Oh, Sorry, I'm not referring to reinstall Miktex, I just mentioned the downloading and updating the package which Lyx needed will take one hours, if it connected to "ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de";. Therefor, I suggest the when configure stage started, at least you should let the user choose a nearer server, or let the server as it is. You known, I was in China mainland, connect to a server in German is really too slow.

2, default tex encoding.

This is not a bug, T1 is not wrong but the correct default setting. T1 is the font encoding and has nothing to do with the font type T1!!! To get correct font encodings for all languages, you have to leave T1, LyX takes care for the cases where this must be changed (for example T2 is for Cyrillic).

regards Uwe

Yes, as we have discussed before, If I create an empty lyx file, and leave the preamble empty, the generated PDF sees really badly.

Also, I opened the "Introduction to Lyx.lyx", by default, there are many statements in preamble part.

% DO NOT ALTER THIS PREAMBLE!!!
%
%This preamble is designed to ensure that the document prints
% out as advertised. If you mess with this preamble,
% parts of the document may not print out as expected.  If you
% have problems LaTeXing this file, please contact
% the documentation team
% email: lyx-d...@lists.lyx.org

\usepackage{ifpdf} % part of the hyperref bundle
\ifpdf % if pdflatex is used

 % set fonts for nicer pdf view
 \IfFileExists{lmodern.sty}{\usepackage{lmodern}}{}

\fi % end if pdflatex is used

% the pages of the TOC is numbered roman
% and a pdf-bookmark for the TOC is added
\pagenumbering{roman}
\let\myTOC\tableofcontents
\renewcommand\tableofcontents{%
  \pdfbookmark[1]{\contentsname}{}
  \myTOC
  \cleardoublepage
  \pagenumbering{arabic} }

% redefine the \LyX macro for PDF bookmarks
\def\LyX{\texorpdfstring{%
  l\kern-.1667em\lower.25em\hbox{y}\kern-.125e...@}
  {LyX}}

Here are the test:

Step 1, These code will confirm that the generated PDF has "font type 1" embedded.

Step 2, But if I clear the preamble, then the PDF has many "font type 3" bitmap font embedded.

Note: All the PDFs I set the encoding T1 as tex encoding.

When I change the reference tex encoding to "default", the the Step 2 above will generate the same "font type 1" PDF.

Can you give a explanation on that, seems the tex encoding can greatly affect the output PDF property.

Thanks very much!

regards
Asmwarrior