Manveru wrote:
> > I would also love to use this version, but I must admit that I am totally
> > confused by what I found-- the links that are mentioned in Jurgen's
> > announcement seem to contain sources that need to be compiled-- I could
> > not find anything like setup.exe, etc.
> > Can someone post a clear set of instructions as to how one might install
> > the new version?
> > Thanks,
>
> Please read the announcement message carefully once again.

The crucial sentence is:

        Prebuilt binaries (rpms for Linux distributions, and Windows
        installers) should soon be available at
        ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/1.6.4/

The "soon" part depends on the free time of the volunteers who provide us with
the binaries.

Anyway, all windows installers are on the server now. They should soon also
appear on the mirror servers.

Jürgen