On 10/14/2009 07:05 PM, Evan Mason wrote:
Hi, I have 8 child documents of an English thesis.  Child/chapter 7 is in
Spanish.  The 8th child is the appendix.  The problem is that in the
appendix lyx continues to use Spanish (Cuadro rather than Table and so on).

I started out setting the language in child 7 to Spanish with Documents>
Settings.  I have now changed it English, highlighted the entire chapter and
set Spanish using Edit>  Text style.  I then highlighted the entire appendix
and set it to English in the same way.

But this has not worked.  Can anyone tell where I am going wrong?

Can you produce a really simple set of documents that has this problem?

rh