On 10/15/2009 02:15 PM, Evan Mason wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Evan Mason<evanma...@gmail.com>  wrote:

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:59 PM, rgheck<rgh...@bobjweil.com>  wrote:

On 10/15/2009 09:32 AM, Les Denham wrote:

On Thursday 15 October 2009 06:40:20 rgheck wrote:

On 10/14/2009 07:05 PM, Evan Mason wrote:

Hi, I have 8 child documents of an English thesis.  Child/chapter 7 is
in
Spanish.  The 8th child is the appendix.  The problem is that in the
appendix lyx continues to use Spanish (Cuadro rather than Table and so
on).

I started out setting the language in child 7 to Spanish with
Documents>
Settings.  I have now changed it English, highlighted the entire
chapter
and set Spanish using Edit>    Text style.  I then highlighted the
entire
appendix and set it to English in the same way.

But this has not worked.  Can anyone tell where I am going wrong?

Can you produce a really simple set of documents that has this problem?

rh

Attached is a really simple set of documents, and it seems to work
exactly as
Evan initially assumed.  The parent document is set to English, the first
child
document is set to Spanish in the Document Settings, and the second child
document is set to English in the Document Settings. In the pdflatex
output,
the table in the first child is labeled "Cuadro" not "Table", and the
figure in
the second is "Figure" not "Figura".

LyX 1.5.7

Same here under 1.6.4. So there must be something odd about your
documents, Evan. Check and make sure that the settings are all correct.

rh

Thanks for your replies.  Les, I tried your example and it works for me.
However, I inserted a nomenclature entry and I find that Nomenclature comes
out in Spanish (Nomenclatura).  I want to place the Nomenclature at the very
end after the appendix and before the bibliography.  Does this happen for
you?

This is were I am now with my document.  The appendix is all in English as
it should be, it's just the nomenclature.

Evan

I've also discovered that after playing around (cutting and pasting
nomenclature entries) with the simple set of documents for 10 mins that I am
back to the original problem where Figure is Figura in the appendix.

Probably some of these are marked for Spanish. That'd be my suspicion.

rh

Yet grep for spanish gives:

[ema...@msasa toto]$ grep spanish *.lyx
test.lyx:\language spanish