Giovanni Bacci wrote:
  Hi all! I'm experiencing a strange behaviour. A bug i suppose.
Anyway, i cannot compile the attached simple document.
Removing /usepackage{tikz} from the preamble makes everything goes
fine. It's a bug? Or i doing something wrong?

btw:
lyx 1.6.4 on FedoraCore 10
pdflatex --version
pdfTeX using libpoppler 3.141592-1.40.3-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.6)
[...]
Compiled with libpng 1.2.31; using libpng 1.2.37
Compiled with zlib 1.2.3; using zlib 1.2.3
Compiled with libpoppler version 3.00

Thanks,
  Giovanni

It compiles for me (Win XP, MiKTeX 2.7), with one slight hitch. If I change the language to English, it compiles straight up. If I leave the language Italian, MiKTeX asks me at two or three separate points (the number seems to vary for no obvious reason) to install the LaTeX cyrillic package so that it can have a particular font. Each time I say no, and in the end it compiles anyway. Removing \usepackage{tikz} has no effect here.

Does the LaTeX log indicate why it fails to compile for you? Do you have the cyrillic package installed?

/Paul