On 12 nov 2009, at 01.52, Luca Carlon wrote:

> Guenter Milde <mi...@...> writes:
>> It rather looks like data corruption on the way (or opening a PDF as
>> normal text) How do you transfer the PDFs to her? What happens, if you
>> hand her copy on a floppy or USB-stick?
>>
>> Günter
>
> I would exclude data corruption as she told me she has never been able to open
> the PDFs I sent her... It means at least 5 or 6 completely different PDFs were
> corrupted... sounds too strange to me. Unless the department has serious
> issues
> with mail server. Indeed, I trasfer the file through mail.

I have experienced problems with PDFs created on Mac. I don't know if it can
have anything to do with this:
http://www.tug.org/mactex/2009/fontcache/fix-font-cache-bug.html
Anyway the problem appears for, say one in 5 to 10 colleagues with no apparent
clue to where it will and won't work. What they report is basically that the
fonts disappear (everything is displayed in Courier). I solve it by creating a
postscript file and then doing a ps2pdf. That seems to work for everyone. So if
you are on a mac, that may be worth trying. Otherwise, why not have her install
LyX and make the pdfs herself ;-)

/Anders