On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 02:40 +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 02.03.2010 23:03, schrieb Νίκος Αλεξανδρής:
>
> > All this is very far from what the statement implies (e.g.
> > out-of-the-box import/export). Isn't, this statement, a bit/too much?
>
> Personally, I agree with you but there are several users around using tex4ht
> on TeXLive who are
> confident with the OpenDocument conversion capabilities of tex4ht.

Seriously, I really would like to see it, just one example please under
Ubuntu/ Debian somebody?

> On the other side too much advertisement doesn't harm. Even when exporting
> fails, new users are at
> least attracted to test out LyX.

Well, I am not against "advertisement" so to say. Not even against some
more aggressive propaganda. But I consider it as justified when its
true, honest. This is one of the things I really appreciate in the
Open-Source community, the honesty of people who simply say:

<<
Heck, no! Our programs have bugs and they are far from being perfect
just because there is no such thing as a bug-free/perfect program. We
believe that the open-source approach brings tools of higher quality,
that can satisfy individual needs. This is afterall why the community is
an important element of the whole idea.

And the Open-Source (business) model, given there is good coordination,
can actually bring plenty and fair job opportunities. There is room for
everybody.

Stating something that is not exactly true isn't the best strategy in
the long-run. Just my thoughts.

Cheers, Nikos