On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 2:04 PM, BH <bewih...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Richard Talley <rich.tal...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > +checking for package bera [bera]... yes
>
> This says it has found the bera fonts. So you should have access to
> them in Document > Settings > Fonts. (Are you sure you don't?)
>
> At this point, I'm baffled.
>
> BH

Thanks for your help.

I think that the indication that the Bera fonts are not installed is just a
symptom of a deeper problem; I appear to have lost all font control. No
matter what fonts I choose, I get a pdf that has the default LaTeX fonts.
Something is badly screwed up in my TeX installation; I'm going to get rid
of it and start over.

Your comments were still useful; I learned several things about trouble
shooting my installation.

-=- Rich