Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> writes:
> For this little presentation I didn't need 3/4 of the features like
> table of contents, hierarchical outline, and the supremely ugly header
> and footer above and below the white of the presentation. So I need to
> expand the white to cover the full screen, but somehow need to put a
> footer on every page for my copyright notice. I guess I'll be making a
> layout file called "mybeamer".

Since everybody is adding its own suggestion, I will cite foilTeX, which
is in the "minimal but effective category". This is what I use for all
my presentations. The class is "foils", but it may not be installed on
your system (it is free to use, but the IBM copyright forbids placing it
in miktex or texlive).

JMarc