Dear Murat,

thanks again. I have now authorized each of the folders which contain dictionaries to read an write, just to be sure, and still had the same problem. In fact, I repaired permissions on 30th of May, very recently therefore. I now repaired permissions again, just to find out, if the mentioned files change their status again. The permissions did not change after that on any of the dictionary-folders.

But I now figured out, that also the "english" spellchecking does not work. In difference to the alternative languages the spellchecker starts to check, but it does not recognize any english word. This is when I add no alternative language, maybe it is not in english spellchecking mode then. I have checked "german" as standard-language. It also does not recognize any german word, by the way…

As soon as I add an alternative language in the appropriate field the spellchecker does not work at all.

Maybe there is a very simple setting I missed, I´m not sure. I have entered "\usepackage{babel}" as language-package, is that correct?

Thanks again, best
Jess