Rich Shepard <rshepard <at> appl-ecosys.com> writes:

>    I'm running lyx-1.6.6.1, but haven't updated the beamer class in an
> tortoise's age. As I review a presentation created in 2007 I see that the
> navigation links along the lower right of each slide are not visible.
> They're apparently there since I can click in that region and move to the
> next section. That seems to be the only move I can make down there.
>
>    Has anyone ideas what might have happened? More important is what I should
> do to regain those control links.

First off, make sure you're not in handout mode, which nukes the in-slide
navigation links (but leaves any section links in the header/footer/sidebar
alive).  Beyond that, you might try changing the theme you're using just to see
if they come back.  (I'm wondering if it's polar bear in a snow storm time.)
Otherwise, best I can suggest is to strip it to the minimum number of slides
necessary to reproduce the problem and post it.

/Paul