Rich,

You sure know how to have fun!

On 6/22/2010 9:51 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
New error:

Package hyperref Warning: Option `pdfauthor' has already been used,
(hyperref) setting the option has no effect on input line 68.

! Undefined control sequence.
\bea...@frameslide ...duration=}\thispdfpagelabel
{\insertframenumber }
\xde...
l.70 \makebeamertitle

I'm not using the hyperref package.

Yes, you are.  Beamer loads it automatically.

The location of the 'undefined control
sequence' (which usually indicates a strange character was accidentally
entered in the text) is not highlighted. I've attached the .log file and
would appreciate someone showing me just where the error occurs and what
fixes it.

Might have something to do with the problem mentioned here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=452333. Your log says you're loading v6.74m of hyperref (the post mentions 6.75p). FWIW, I just compiled a beamer doc on my Windoze PC (MiKTeX), and I'm loading v6.81e (dated 2010/05/13). So maybe an update of your hyperref package might fix it? I do have a warning in my log:

Package hyperref Warning: Option `pdfpagelabels' is turned off
(hyperref)                because \thepage is undefined.

Hyperref stopped early
)

as well as the apparently harmless

Package hyperref Warning: Option `pdfauthor' has already been used,
(hyperref)                setting the option has no effect on input line 57.

later in the log.

(I'm also using beamer 3.07A, versus your using 3.08; don't know if that matters.)

Dunno if that helps.

/Paul