On 22/06/2010 1:18 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
   The errors are limited to the beamer class (now it's the
\makebeamertitle
error holding me up) and not the base tetex installation. I've just
modified
the article that accompanies the slide presentation and it compiles just
fine.

Is \makebeamertitle defined? It should get defined by the layout file, but I suppose you could be using a custom layout or something.

You can try in the preamble:

\newcommand\makebeamertitle{\frame{\maketitle}}

Otherwise the usual approach applies here: make a minimal example file which reproduces the problem on your machine and send it out to this list for help.

Cheers,
Julien