Am Tuesday 14 September 2010 15:59:05 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
> Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> > Thanks Jürgen,
> >
> > but it seems to be more complicated. I have reduced my document to the
> > very first lines
> >
> > Circadiane Rhythmen und Epigenetik
> >
> > Wolfgang Engelmann
> > Institut für Botanik, Tübingen
> >
> > Tübingen, März 2010
> >
> > Dieses Buch wurde mit LyX geschrieben. Es ist ein professionelles System,
> > um mit einem Computer Dokumente zu erstellen. Es verwendet LaTeX, das am
> > weitesten verbreitete und beste Textsatzsystem (siehe
> > http://www.lyx.org/). Vektorgrafik wurde mit xfig unter Linux erstellt.
> > Für Diagramme wurde Pyxplot verwendet.
> >
> > Copyright 1998 by Wolfgang Engelmann.
> >

> > and still get the posted error message.
> >
> > I have renamed the document: still the same.
> > I have removed all my preamble stuff: same error
> > I have replaced koma book by just book, by article: same..
>
> Hm, can you try to generate a minimal example LyX file and post i to this
> list?
>
> > File '/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.TJ3466/lyx_tmpbuf1/EG-Max.tex' was not closed
> > properly. Error returned from iconv
> > E2BIG  There is not sufficient room at *outbuf.
> > Segmentation fault
> >

> > I am at the end of my latin.
> > (I use 2.0.0SVN under Debian)
>
> I hope not for any serious work.
> \begin{mantra}
> I suppose you are aware that LyX 2.0.0 is alpha software and not considered
> stable enough for real work purposes. It's only intended for testing.
> \end{matra}
>
> Jürgen

Thanks, Jürgen,
yes I know the Mantra.

In the meantime I found the reason, it has to do with the following preamble
parts. Both the sidecap package (taken from the Embedded Objects Help) and
the {german}{nomencl} (taken from the Lyx list) are candidates. I thought I
had tried it with the preamble emptied, but forgot apparently to press apply.

I am also including the short Lyx file, in case somebody would like to try it

\usepackage[option]{sidecap}
\newcommand{\TabBesBeg}{%
 \let\MyTable\table
 \let\MyEndtable\endtable
 \renewenvironment{table}{\begin{SCtable}}{\end{SCtable}}}
\newcommand{\TabBesEnd}{%
 \let\table\MyTable
 \let\endtable\MyEndtable
\newcommand{\FigBesBeg}{%
 \let\MyFigure\figure
 \let\MyEndfigure\endfigure
 \renewenvironment{figure}{\begin{SCfigure}}{\end{SCfigure}}}
\newcommand{\FigBesEnd}{%
 \let\figure\MyFigure
 \let\endfigure\MyEndfigure}

\PassOptionsToPackage{german}{nomencl}
\renewcommand{\nomname}{Glossar}

-->
\nomname undefined
 \renewcommand{\nomname}
                            {Glossar}
Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.
--
Wolfgang Engelmann