Am Tuesday 14 September 2010 19:05:40 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
> Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> > In the meantime I found the reason, it has to do with the following
> > preamble  parts. Both the sidecap package (taken from the Embedded
> > Objects Help) and the {german}{nomencl} (taken from the Lyx list) are
> > candidates. I thought I had tried it with the preamble emptied, but
> > forgot apparently to press apply.
>
> The reason for the iconv problem is that you have fi-Ligatures in your
> preamble instead of two separate characters fi. This applies to all
> occurences of "figure" in your preamble. Just retype the "fi"s in the
> respective definitions.
>
> I also get some other errors. The option "option" is unkown by the sidecap
>
> package, also there's a missing brace here:
> > \newcommand{\TabBesEnd}{%
> >  \let\table\MyTable
> >  \let\endtable\MyEndtable}%<---Closing brace added.
>
> After fixing all this, the document compiles here.
>
> HTH,
> Jürgen

Thanks Jürgen. Now it works here too. I had copied the sidecap text from the
lyxfile of the Embedded Objects Help and did not pay attention, that the
f-Ligature is copied too.
However the sidecap package is not effective (does it work with Koma-book and
twocolumn style -figure spanning the page? - thats what I am using)