Mateo

> Yes there is native support for macros in lyx, but the name is misleading;
> they are called Math macros. [Menu | Insert | Math | Macros] will allow you
> to define the macro, in both LaTeX and how it should appear in LyX if you so
> desire. Then, to use it in your text, insert some Inline Math; type your
> macro name preceded with a back-slash.
>
> This is instead of defining the LaTeX macros in your preamble, as per below
> (which also work just as well).

This is also useful to know, but in this instance having the code in
an ERT block at the beginning of the document works well, as I can
construct my timetable in this block and see dates etc in context have
it propagated through the document.  Next year I can then edit the
appropriate bits in the block and that part of the docment is updated.

Thanks,

Graham