On 09/21/2010 01:22 PM, Murat Yildizoglu wrote:
You can use File/Export/PdfLatex (or another format, if you prefer).
The PDF file will be generated and saved in the same folder es the LyX
file.

And LyX does it this way so that you can view the current version of the document without over-writing the PDF you exported yesterday. It's the only sensible way to do it, if you think about it.

Richard