On 09/22/2010 02:46 AM, Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2010-09-21, Gwen Barnes wrote:

When I hit the button on the lyx toolbar to either view or update the pdf,
the pdf gets created in a temporary location.  Is there a way to get it to
automatically save the pdf to my current working directory?  I'd hate to
accidentally submit an old version of my document because I forgot to do
"save as" from my pdf viewer or "export" from lyx after my last edit; I
certainly don't want to be doing that constantly as I am working.  I haven't
been able to find any settings that will let me change the pdf location.
Have I just missed them, or is there some work-around way to do this?
How about defining a shortkey for export as PDF?

To the LyXperts: is there a way to define the command sequence

    export as PDF; open the exported PDF in a viewer?

Not directly, I don't think. The only way I could see to do this would be to use a script for the exporter that itself opened the viewer.

Richard