*Hello, already tried what you said Liviu, but did not modify anything. The
headline of my article was:

\ Renewcommand {\ figurename} {Figure}
\ Renewcommand {\ listfigurename figures} {Index} \ renewcommand {\
tablename} {Table}
\ Renewcommand {\ listtablename}} {Table of Tables
\ Pagestyle {fancy}
\ {} Fancyhf
\ Fancyfoot {}% clear all header fields
\ Fancyhead [LO] {\ leftmark}% In the odd pages, left of the header, the
name of chapter
\ Fancyhead [RE] {\ RightMark}% In the even pages, right side of the header,
the name of section
\ Fancyfoot [RO, LE] {\ thepage}% page numbers in the corners of the headers
\ Renewcommand {\ chaptermark} [1] {% \ markboth {\ thechapter. \ # 1} {}}%
format for Chapter N. Name \ renewcommand {\ sectionmark} [1] {\ markright
{\ thesection. \ # 1}}% Format for the section: NM Name
\ Renewcommand {\ headrulewidth} {0.6pt}% Width of horizontal line under the
heading

I deleted from \ pagestyle {fancy} until the last line and file compiles
again. But still get the message: "error when converting to a readable
format."
which is the problem? at least I can work*.
*Thanks*