Hello Lyx Users,

I'd like to find a way to type paragraphs so that the first sentence of the
paragraph is automatically in bold font and everything after the end of the
first sentence is in "standard" style. I've typed the paragraphs in this
email in this style so you can see what I'm trying to do. I searched through
the user's guide and the keyboard shortcuts under Tools-->Preferences and
didn't see any command or style that looked like it would do this. So for
now I've been selecting the first sentence of each paragraph and typing
Ctrl-B. Not only is this tedious, it is exactly the opposite of the lyx
philosophy! What I'm hoping for is a way to type a keyboard command in the
same way as for other styles (for example, "Alt-P 3" to get a subsection
heading) and have the paragraph then be automatically formatted
appropriately.

Does anyone know if there is a way to create a style that bold's only the
first sentence of a paragraph? Is there such a style already and I've just
missed it? I'm a relatively new lyx user (and I know virtually nothing about
LaTex) and would be grateful for any advice you can provide.

Best Wishes,
Joel