On 02/01/2011 01:42 PM, kniff...@cecs.pdx.edu wrote:
The E: drive is a partition of the computer's hard drive. It's the "user" drive of my work computer that I, as a user, am free to modify. The C: drive is maintained by our IT dept.

It looks like my user directory is on the network. I went to Tools > Preferences > Paths but it doesn't look like I can change my user directory from there. Any suggestions?
Create a directory on E: for your local settings (E:\lyxuser or whatever you want to call it), then open a command prompt and run 'lyx -userdir E:\lyxuser' (or whatever path you chose). It should recreate your user directory. Check your TeX info and/or try to do whatever it was that broke before (a Bibtex bibliography?).

If that turns out to be the problem, you can hack the Start menu icon for LyX to include the -userdir switch.

/Paul