On 02/01/2011 05:44 PM, Gabriel Kniffin wrote:
The -userdir switch as you suggested seems to have fixed the texfiles.py failing problem, although now I'm getting a bunch of the following LaTeX errors when I try to build a .pdf:

"LaTeX Error: Cannot determine the size of graphic in <...>"
That usually means either that the graphic somehow was not copied to the temp directory or was not properly converted (so, for instance, the source file is an EPS, LyX tries but fails to convert it to a PDF, and the .tex file has a link to a nonexistent PDF). If the image files live on a network server, I suppose you might check whether that's the culprit (by copying them to E: and adjusting the paths in the LyX file).

Also, the user directory is only set to the E: drive when I open LyX via the command prompt using the -userdir switch. Is there a way to make this the default setting so whenever I open a .lyx file it uses this switch? Is that the start menu hack you mentioned?
Yes.
How do I do that?
Right click the icon and click Properties, find the text box containing the command (I'm on a Linux laptop right now, so I can't quote specifics), and add the -userdir ... stuff there. If your path contains any spaces, be sure to enclose it in quotes.

Another way to do this is to right click the Start button and click Open, which opens your start menu in Windows Explorer. (At least, this works on XT; can't swear about Win 7.) Drill down to the folder containing the LyX icon and do the right click > Properties act there.

/Paul