On Tuesday 26 April 2011 08:22:14 you wrote:
> On 04/26/2011 05:33 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have an entire 110,000 word book in which single quotes don't pair up,
> > but instead both the opening and closing single quote look exactly like
> > the character on the key of my keyboard. How can I get LyX to
> > automatically pair the quotes up like it does with doublequotes?
>
> If you type:
>      `this is a quote'
> then LyX is meant to output the two quotes as is, and then LaTeX should
> take care of the rest. That seems to work here, anyway.

Thanks Richard,

I tried it and confirmed that your suggestion produces the same output that
Jürgen's did. Is there any advantage of one way over the other?

It turns out there aren't that many places where this is a problem, and the
editor identified them all, so fixing it manually is practical.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package