On 09/05/2011 1:44 PM, Diego Queiroz wrote:

So, I do not experience your problem. However document settings and stuff
that gets defined in the preamble need to be set in both master and child
docs.
--
Julien

Actually, the answer is: yes, you do experience the very same problem.
Otherwise you won't need to go after a workaround, right? :-)

As I said before, I'm sure there are several ways to workaround this
limitation (I am not searching for one).
I just think we should focus on make LyX avoid these errors by itself.

Cheers,
---
Diego

Hi Diego,

Thinking about this again, I'm guessing that one of the "use x math package automatically" option doesn't get triggered and is the cause of your child doc compilation failures. If that is the case then yes, LyX should detect that automatically, and yes, at the moment a workaround is needed: check "use x math package" in document settings.

Regards,
Julien