On 09/05/2011 2:23 PM, Diego Queiroz wrote:

Which workaround? You said math macros don't work within child docs, I say
they work for me. No workaround necessary.

Maybe I misunderstood you.
I was citing your workaround to include bibtex in the childs.

"I use a branch named "child only", which is activated in child docs but
deactivated in the master"

Anyway, never mind. Sorry.

Thinking about this again, I'm guessing that one of the "use x math package
automatically" option doesn't get triggered and is the cause of your child
doc compilation failures. If that is the case then yes, LyX should detect
that automatically, and yes, at the moment a workaround is needed: check
"use x math package" in document settings.

I just tested and this is not enough.
I am not able to generate child files in LyX 2.0 at all.
If I include a simple macro in a document (the master), create another file
(the child), link them and use the macro in the child. The standalone child
don't compile, only the master document.

Are you able to do this in LyX 1.6?
If so, this is a bug report and not a feature request.

Can someone confirm this / create ticket?

I've attached two files: the child and the master document.
I can't compile the child document. Can you try?

Cheers,
---
Diego

Hi Diego,

Yes I am able to do what you describe in 1.6. In your example child doc, you did not set the master setting, did you? But anyway, I corrected it and still in 2.1.0svn the compilation of the child is broken:

Undefined control sequence \anymacro

A bug.

Regards,
Julien