I'm not aware of any installation of python.  I have an LyX16 folder with a
Python subfolder and an LyX 20 folder also with a python subfolder.  The
former contains python26.dll and python.exe.  The latter contains python
27.dll, python.exe, and pythonw.exe.

The original error message, which referred to "python -tt" occurred while I
was running LyX 1.6.7.  When I switched to LyX 2.0.0 none of the error
messages referred to python, but I still couldn't convert.  Details in the
string of messages between me and Richard Heck.

Bill