On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> An untimely computer crash brought me to Ubuntu 11.04, which brought
> me to LyX 2.0.0rc3.
>
> Ctrl+D says "successful DVD preview, but does nothing. The View menu
> gives no ps2pdf choice, and when I click the "View other formats"
> choice, nothing opens up, even though I configured PDF and DVI in
> Tools->Preferences->Output->General on the PDF and DVI commands.
>
> Ctrl+D brings up an error dialog box saying "Could not display
> \"/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.T11314/lyx_tmpbuf2/junk.dvi", the location is not a
> directory. When I directly run that file (it exists) with xdvi, it
> displays more or less correctly.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Ubuntu ships the wrong version. See this recent discussion [1][2]. See
these instructions [3] on how to push the update to your system (never
tried it). Alternatively, Rainer and Rob have come up with a PPA
containing LyX 2.0.0. Contact me off-list for the link.

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg169893.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg169963.html