On 28. juli 2011 11:46, Francesc Gispert Sanchez wrote:
El mar, 26-07-2011 a las 16:15 -0400, Richard Heck escribió:

What do you mean by an "alphabetic index"? Do you need two indexes, or
is it just the title that you want to change? If the latter, then you
can use the normal index and change the title fairly easily. Just put:
     \renewcommand\indexname{Alphabetic Index}
into the preamble.

I suppose I explained it in a too ambiguous way. I need two indexes (or
the table of contents plus another index.

I don't know what is happening, but please see the attached.

Richard

I see that the attached document is similar to what I do, but I couldn't
export it because I lack a package (I get a "heck.sty"-not-found error).

Actually, my problem is that when I export my document the indexes
created manually don't appear in the PDF (or whatever format). For
example, in the attached document, I'd like to see the table of contents
and, below, another index with the "Important word" and the page where
it is. But when I export it, there's just the table of contents.

Thanks for your help.

Are you perhaps using the Debian distribution of linux?

I tried your example, and it failed like you say. No index.
Then I tried the UserGuide that comes with LyX, and it also failed to produce an index.

I use "Debian testing", and it turns out they ship a broken clisp package. When LyX makes an index, it uses a package called "xindy", which in turn depends on clisp. When clisp is wrong, the index is not produced.

clisp-2.49 does not work, but clisp-2.48 is fine. So the solution is to downgrade to clisp-2.48. On debian, this command did it for me:

apt-get install clisp=1:2.48-3

Or just download the software and install it yourself.

After this, both the userguide and your file produced indexes as they should.

Helge Hafting