hi everyone,

I was confused about the document settings between master and child. I
learnt from
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/68593
that "However, when compiling the master, the child document will be
included without preamble, i.e. the master settings are used for
the complete document."

Curiously, I found that the figure placement settings (i.e.
Document->Settings->Float Placement) in child document did make effects.
This is boring. Each time, if i want to change this settings. I need to
update the settings in all the documents. Why not suppress this settings in
child document?

What exactly is inherited from the child document settings??
Any suggestion or related experience will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
wd