On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Kenedy Torcatt <yde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Guys. I' a windows user and using LyX 2.0.
>
> I need to use Arial font for my documents, I tried deactivating TeX
> Fonts and choose Arial from my windows installed fonts, after that I
> tried to compile with Xetex but I'm just getting errors!

What errors? We may be able to help if you saved Document > LaTeX log
to a file and attached it to your message.

> I know that Helvetiva is almost an Arial clone and I can select
> Helvetica from TeX fonts from sans serif 's drop down menu, but I did
> a research and found that urw-arial
> located here: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/urw/arial/  is an

I assume you use MiKTeX. Then it might be available in the Package
Manager. If it isn't, you may need to follow the package docs for
installation [1]. Also check Help > Customization > Section 5.1.

[1] http://ctan.org/pkg/urw-arial

> Arial font pack for use with LaTeX. I need to know how to install it
> and show it in the LyX dropdown menu for sans serif 's fonts the same
> way as selecting Helvetica.

You may be better off simply using Helvetica (and setting Sans Serif
as the main font for your document), or getting XeTeX and/or LuaTeX up
and working on your system. For that you may need to Update your
MiKTeX database.

Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?