On 11/18/2011 01:00 PM, Julien Rioux wrote:
> On 18/11/2011 12:29 PM, Richard Heck wrote:
>> In the meantime, you can force LyX to output images for these
>> constructs, instead of MathML or whatever, by (I think) including a
>> "\relax" somewhere in the formula. LyX won't know what to do with that,
>> so it will fall back to outputting images.
>
> I seem to recall a setting somewhere to enforce the use of images, am
> I wrong?

That's a global setting. Ultimately, I'd like to have such a setting
formula by formula, but that's obviously a format change, so it's for
2.1.0. This little trick lets you get the same effect, since LyX always
falls back to image output if it encounters something it doesn't
understand. I guess it must think it does understand mhchem stuff....

Richard