On Feb 12, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Richard Heck wrote:

> The problem may be that these are Unicode characters (so is the quote you
> mentioned). You might try compiling with XeTeX or LuaTeX, which use Unicode.

Thanks, Richard. My only way to get from Scrivener to LaTeX/LyX is to compile
in Scrivener. The out from Scrivener is a tex file. Would I then compile that
with XeTeX or LuaTex? If so, could you give me quick pointers how to get
started with that? Or a reference to instructions?

I don't know if its possible, would another option be to get Scrivener to stop
outputing Unicode characters?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."

- Chief Seattle.