On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:07:23 +0200, Rainer M Krug said:

> Hi
>
> I know this has been asked before, but I can't find that thread...
>
> I have written a paper which is now ready for submission to the
> publisher (Elsevier - I know...)
>
> I can submit a compressed (zip) folder with all the documents
> necessary for compilint the LaTeX document, but I am stuck. I copied
> the files from the tmp directory and tried running pdflatex but it
> did not work.
>
> So: which files need to be included in the archive? How can I test
> the archive? I never used LaTeX from the commandline, only via LyX...

cd /directory/with/lyxfile
lyx --export latex lyxfile.lyx
latex lyxfile.tex
dvips lyxfile.dvi
ps2pdf lyxfile.ps
evince lyxfile.pdf

If it's going to fail, it's almost certainly going to fail at the latex
command. If/when it does, look at the error messages, and tweak the
LaTeX file as necessary, or put the correct included files in the right
place.

By the way, you might be using the pdflatex command instead of the
latex command. There are instances where one succeeds and the other
fails. If I remember correctly, the pdflatex command converts directly
from .tex to .pdf, no need for dvips or ps2pdf. Personally, I use the
sequence described above.

SteveT

                          *  http://twitter.com/stevelitt