Oh, that is far in the opposite direction now -- too much debug
information :) You do not need to turn on debug messages; normal
messages are enough.

The problem comes from:

  Rscript --verbose --no-save --no-restore "/Applications/LyX
2.app/Contents/Resources/scripts/lyxsweave.R"

becomes

  '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/bin/R
--slave --no-restore --no-save --no-restore --file=/Applications/LyX
2.app/Contents/Resources/scripts/lyxsweave.R

I do not know why R removed the quotes around the --file argument, but
FWIW, can you upgrade R to the latest version before you proceed? Also
update LyX if you can. Both LyX and R are old in your system.

The other thing is to make sure you did not hack at the Sweave module
by yourself; check the preferences file in your LyX User directory
(should not contain anything about Sweave there).

I do not use Mac OS, so it is difficult for me to reproduce the problem.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyi...@gmail.com>